It could be fun and interesting to make a new years resolution as a couple.
We invite you to our “Date a Month Challenge”.
You might say, “That isn’t very often.” Or you might cringe, “That often?”
Wherever you are on the dating scale; a date once a month would surprise you by how often it comes around.
I consider it a “realistic” challenge. If you do too, then climb aboard.
This could be just the nudge you need to keep that spark alive.
So have a fun time. Share and encourage.
HERE ARE A FEW PIECES OF WISDOM TO GET YOU STARTED.
1. What week will you go on your date? (One month at a time.) *Remember to be flexible if it doesn’t work out for one of you. Just plan again.
2. Take turns picking your dates. (Every other month.)
3. Take a little time to think about what your spouse loves to do. (Hobbies, interests, obsessions…..) *Warning: It could be something that they do all the time and you are a little sick of it. This is a great time to start on your journey of learning to enjoying what they enjoy.
4. Don’t sweat the money crunch months. *There may be months that you can not afford to go on any date. That’s okay! Some of the best dates are the ones that do not cost a cent (just time). Try not to put any value on date picking ideas. Any date is special no matter what.
5. If you miss a month, don’t beat yourself up about it. *This doesn’t mean you have failed or have a bad marriage. Just say with excitement and anticipation, “What are we going to do next month?”